Dental Crowns- Medfield, MA
Restore Your Smile with Dental Crowns
A dental crown has an influential role in restorative dentistry because it can be used to save a significantly damaged tooth that would otherwise need to be extracted; however, it can also be used in cosmetic dentistry. Traditionally, the custom-made caps are made of metal, but now they can also be made from all-ceramic material. If you need a dental crown in Medfield, Dr. Hirshfield can repair your smile using a solution that looks and feels natural.
What is a Dental Crown and How Do I know If I Need One?
A dental crown is a cap that’s bonded over the entire surface of a tooth that’s visible above the gum line. Most often, they are used in restorative dentistry to repair a tooth that’s been damaged by decay or trauma. Since they are now made of porcelain, they also have cosmetic benefits as well. This makes them very versatile, so they can be used for several purposes. Dr. Hirshfield may recommend one for multiple reasons, such as:
- Significant break or fracture.
- Large area of decay.
- Tooth at risk of breaking.
- Abnormally shaped tooth.
- Cover dark tooth discoloration.
- Along with a root canal.
- To support a dental bridge.
What are the Benefits to Crowns?
Although you will need to permanently reshape your tooth, a crown is very beneficial. It can offer several advantages, including:
- Strengthen a weakened tooth.
- Restore a tooth’s natural size and shape.
- Enhance the tooth’s appearance.
- Restore the tooth’s health.
- Improve the tooth’s function.
- Long-term solutions.
Top Care Tips for Crowns
Dental crowns can last for a decade or longer with the right aftercare. You can promote how long your restoration lasts by following a few simple tips:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste to clean your teeth twice a day.
- Use a high-quality dental floss to clean in between each tooth and around the crown daily.
- Don’t chew overly hard or sticky foods with your crown.
- Don’t chew on inedible objects.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year for a cleaning and checkup.
Restore a Healthy Smile Today!
If you have a damaged tooth, you can turn back the hands of time and restore it back to its previous state with a dental crown. Your dentist in Medfield will improve the health and function of your tooth using a treatment that looks natural. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Hirshfield.